CHALKWELL GARAGE & COACH HIRE LTD HAS A POLICY OF FAIR TRADING AND TAKES EVERY CARE TO ENSURE THAT YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR DAY TRIP
1. CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY The Company reserves the right to cancel any excursion at any time for whatever reason, but will ensure that passengers are advised where possible. All monies paid for that particular excursion will be refunded in full and following that, the Company shall be exempt from any further liability. We will generally not cancel excursions less than 7 days prior to departure date.
2. CANCELLATION BY THE CUSTOMER After your booking has been made, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO ISSUE ANY REFUNDS IN THE EVENT OF CANCELLATION BY THE CUSTOMER FOR WHATEVER REASON. Up to 14 days before departure, it may be possible to transfer to another day trip. However, this will carry an administration fee of £10 per booking plus the cost of any admission ticket if applicable.
3. COMPANY LIABILITY The Company does not accept any responsibility for loss, damage, delay or inconvenience caused to passengers when travelling on or booked on its excursions. All arrangements for meals, refreshments, accommodation or entertainment or other means of travel such as ferry or train by Eurotunnel are made by the Company as agents for or on behalf of the passengers on the condition that the Company shall not be responsible for any loss, damage, delay or inconvenience caused to passengers as a result of such arrangements.
4. LUGGAGE / PASSENGERS PROPERTY We reserve the right to refuse articles of an objectionable or dangerous nature. Fragile items will only be carried if they are of reasonable size and securely packed. We will not be responsible for loss or damage of such items. All vehicles operated by the Company are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons. The passenger accepts that the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether and to what extent passengers property is carried. The Company accepts any personal property of the passengers on the understanding that it will take all reasonable steps to avoid loss or damage. However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you take care of your purchases and personal belongings; we will not accept any responsibility for loss of the same, left on the coach or unattended. Articles of lost property, except those of a perishable nature, will be held at the Companys premises where the vehicle is based, and will be subject to the current Public Service Vehicle (Lost Property) Regulations. Perishable goods will be disposed of at our discretion.
5. PERSONAL GOODS PURCHASED IN THE E.U. Passengers must only purchase goods for their personal consumption or gifts.The amount passengers can carry will be restricted in accordance with term 4 above.
The Company reserves the right to continue its onward journey without any passengers detained at customs for non compliance with the above regulations.
6. VEHICLE TO BE PROVIDED The Company reserves the right to substitute another vehicle (including those of other operators) or ancillary facilities for all or part of the excursion subject to such substitutes being of at least equivalent quality. A change of vehicle may be necessary if the Company is to substitute a small coach or mini coach. Passengers may be carried in feeder vehicles to the main excursion vehicle. The feeder vehicle may be a coach, mini- bus or taxi. We cannot accept bookings which are dependent on specific seat numbers being honoured.
7. BREAKDOWNS, DELAYS & WEATHER CONDITIONS The Company gives its advice on journey time in good faith. However, as a result of breakdown or traffic congestion, or other events beyond the reasonable control of the Company, journeys may take longer than predicted and in those circumstances the Company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the passenger as a result. The Company will operate in all weather conditions. In the event of serious weather conditions, for example heavy snowfall, no refunds can be given for cancellations. However, in these circumstances, each claim will be assessed on an individual basis.
8. FORCE MAJEURE We regret that we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of, force majeure. In these booking conditions, force majeure means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include (whether actual or threatened), but are not limited to, unavoidable technical problems with transport, war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, epidemic or fire and all similar events or circumstances outside our control.
9. COMPLAINTS Any complaints should be made in writing to us within 7 days of the excursion and sent to Chalkwell Coach Hire & Tours, The Coach Depot, Unit 2A, Church Road, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 3RS.
10. ERRORS & OMISSIONS Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our brochures at the time of printing, we cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
11. GDPR We retain your full contact details and other information in secure files and electronic storage facilities. We may use this information to contact you by mail, telephone or electronic means. We must pass your information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements and we take full responsibility for ensuring that proper measures are in place to protect your information. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons or suppliers. Your data controller is Chalkwell Coach Hire & Tours Administration Manager.
12. OUR PRICING POLICY Chalkwell Coach Hire & Tours endeavour to ensure that the most up to date and correct prices are shown in our brochure. Occasionally, an incorrect price may be shown, due to an erroe. When we become aware of any such error, we will endeavour to notify you at the time of booking (if we are then aware of the mistake) or as soon as reasonably possible. We reserve the right to cancel the booking if you do not wish to accept the price which is applicable to the DayBreak.
13. HEALTH AND SAFETY In some foreign countries, standards of infrastructure, safety and hygiene may be lower than those to which we are accustomed in the UK. You should therefore exercise greater care for your own protection. There may be countries that we visit that have special medical requirements for tourists. These regulations are subject to change and our clients are responsible for complying with entry and current health requirements. If you are not sure of the health requirements for the country you are visiting, you are advised to check with your own GP before travelling. You are also advised to refer to the Department of Health leaflet Health Advice for Travellers Some people may be at risk from discomfort or deep vein thrombosis (DVT) if they remain immobile on a journey for a long period. If you are planning to undertake a journey of more than three hours, you should consult your doctor, if you have ever had DVT, pulmonary embolism, a family history of clotting conditions, cancer or treatment for cancer, stroke, and heart or lung disease or If you have had major surgery in the past three months. We reserve the right to refuse any booking in the absence of a doctors certificate confirming that you are fit to travel. Where we provide comfort stops you are encouraged to walk around. Exercise reduces any discomfort, which may be caused by periods of immobility. SMOKING is not allowed on our coaches (including E-Cigarettes) and we do not allow pets or any other animals, although we accommodate registered assistance dogs.
14. PASSENGER BEHAVIOUR We want all our customers to have a happy and carefree DayBreak. You are responsible for your behaviour and hygiene and the effect it may have on others. If you or any other member of your party is abusive, disruptive or behaves in a way that could cause damage or injury to others or affect their enjoyment of their DayBreak or which could damage property, we have the right to terminate your contract with us and we will have no further liability or obligation to you. If you are refused boarding on the outward journey we will regard it as a cancellation by you and we will apply cancellation charges. If the refusal is on your return journey, we have the right to terminate the contract with you. We also request that mobile telephones are not used on the coach save for exceptional circumstances.
1. BOOKING YOUR DAY BREAK To book a day break, full payment is required. You can reserve places by phoning 01795 423982 , via the internet at www.chalkwell.co.uk, with one of our Agents or calling in at our Chalkwell Road office.
We accept most major credit/ debit cards, cheques and cash. No refunds are given once the booking has been made. Once paid, you will be issued with an appropriate confirmation.
2. BOOKING YOUR SEAT Requests for particular seats can be made when booking, but it is based on a first come first served basis. However, if a vehicle is changed for some reason, your allocated seat numbers may not apply. Postal or online bookings will be allocated from front to rear on a first/come/first served basis. A supplement may be applied to certain seats. Single passenger may be required to share a double seat with other single passengers. If you feel that you require two seats, then these must be purchased in advance at the time of booking.
3. SPECIAL CARE If you need to take a wheelchair, have poor mobility or have special needs, please
discuss this with us prior to booking. We will generally accept lightweight wheelchairs for travel, subject to them being able to be folded and stowed away in the luggage hold of the coach.
4. PASSPORTS If you are a British Citizen travelling outside the UK you must have a full UK passport valid for a minimum of 6 months after your scheduled date of return. Non-UK citizens must seek passport and visa advice from the consulates of the countries you are planning to visit.
5. INSURANCE We advise all passengers to have adequate travel insurance for overseas day
6. PICK-UP POINTS AND TIMES Your confirmation will confirm the exact departure time from your requested pick-up point. For exact pick-up locations, please contact us. Please be at the pick-up point in good time. We cannot be responsible for any loss or expenses incurred due to late arrival at the departure point or passengers not being at the correct pick-up point. No refund will be made for passengers arriving after the scheduled departure time, nor shall the company be held responsible for the late arrival of coaches due to circumstances beyond our control (ie traffic and weather conditions).
7. CHILDREN We welcome children on all our day trips unless otherwise advised. Children under the age of
16 should be accompanied by an adult. If any exceptions are made, written parental consent must be provided.
8. ENTRANCE FEES/TRAVEL ONLY DEALS Entrance fees are included except where stated. If you have your own tickets for an event - or wish to visit friends or family somewhere - a travel only price may often be available. Please ask for details.